During lockdown, many people have plenty of time on their hands. Baking is a very enjoyable and satisfying activity to do when you are bored. Therefore, I have decided to start a new series on my blog giving you my best recipes for a variety of sweet treats. For my first post in this series, I am going to be sharing the recipe for my ‘Banana Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake’. If you make this recipe make sure to post it on Instagram and tag @tellingtalesblog.
- 100g soft butter
- 150gms caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 ripe bananas (peeled weight 200g)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 150gms plain flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp cinnamon powder
- a pinch of salt
- 100gms dark chocolate chopped or chips
1. Preheat the oven 160C/140C Fan/Gas 3. Grease and line a 450g/1lb loaf tin with non-stick baking parchment.
2. Cream the sugar and butter together in a large bowl.
3. Add the eggs and whisk.
4. Mash the bananas with a fork in a separate bowl and add to the mixture. Combine well.
5. Add the milk and whisk.
6. To the wet ingredients, add the flour, baking soda, bi carbonate of soda, cinnamon powder and salt. Mix well.
7. Stir in chopped chocolate pieces till well combined.
8. Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
9. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until well risen and golden-brown.
10. Remove the cake from the oven and set it aside to cool for 10 minutes.
11. Finally, remove from the loaf tin and leave to cool on a wire rack until completely cooled.
12. Slice and serve!