Charlesbridge Unplugged – Charlesbridge Unplugged #11: Traci Sorell
About the Book:
About the Authors:
Traci Sorell began writing for young people when she noticed a lack of children’s books featuring Native Americans to share with her son. This is her first picture book.
About the Illustrator:
Frané Lessac is the illustrator of more than forty books for children including Caribbean Canvas, Drummer Boy of John John, and A is for Australia. She lives in West Australia.
Purchase this book for you and your readers here.
- Visit author Traci Sorell online here
- Visit illustrator Frané Lessac online here
- Here is how to pronounce the Cherokee words that appear in the book. Click on each to hear the official pronunciation from Emilee Chavez, a Cherokee Nation citizen and language speaker:
- otsaliheliga (oh-jah-LEE-hay-lee-gah) “we are grateful”
- uligohvsdi (oo-lee-GO-huhs-dee) “fall/autumn”
- elisi (eh-LEE-see) “grandma”
- gola (GO-lah) “winter”
- tsalagi (JAH-lah-geeh) “Cherokee”
- gogeyi (go-GEH-yee) “spring”
- ani (AH-nee) “strawberries”
- gogi (go-GEEH) “summer”
- nulistanidolv (new-lees-tah-NEE-doe-luh) “history”
- unelanvhi (oo-NEH-la-nuh-hee) “the one who provides all
- Click below to watch the official book trailer!
Subscribe to Charlesbridge Unplugged on iTunes