Para-para-paraaaaaa….Para-para-paraaaa. Donate-a-Book turns THREE today!
We are through with the not-so-terrible twos. As we turn a magical three, we look back at the last three years!
1,33,602 Books Distributed
3,37,000 Kids Impacted
Thank you ALL for being the best type of book buddy : the one who shares the joy of reading!
Like everyone else on the planet, we love getting presents for our birthday. This birthday, we want to ask you to create #TheBookMonsoon! We want it to rain books, books and more books.
Help us raise funds for 3000 books in 30 days!
The best part – this birthday gift will be shared with thousand of children across the country.
How to start #TheBookMonsoon
- Choose from any of the campaigns listed below
- Make a donation of your choice (Rs.250 = 6 books, Rs.500 = 12 books, Rs.1000 = 25 books, Rs.2500 = 62 books and Rs.5000 = 1 library kit)
You can start #TheBookMonsoon by donating books to :
- Children studying at pre-schools and non-formal centres run by Nipun in the slums of Delhi.
- Help ARHI kickstart a knowledge revolution with books in 8 community libraries located in Karbi Anglong and Morigaon districts of Assam.
- Add books to the only accessible library that exists in this rural part of Valsad, Gujarat.
- Add learning resources to the centres Pratigya is running in remote villages of Jharkhand.
- Help expand this existing library in Jaipur so that the student to book ratio in it increases.
- By donating 2 library kits, you can ensure that ‘library hour’ is a possibility for the kids at Sudhanikethan Education Society, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Support Savera Foundation’s project to start libraries in government schools in the remote district of Giridh, Jharkhand.
- Send some book love to this village library in Vizianagaram, Andhra Pradesh.
- Bring the joy of reading to a village library in Kundagol and several other Gram Panchayat libraries in Karnataka.
- Help Let’s Open a Book to encourage reading habits among children from disadvantaged backgrounds in Spiti Valley.
- Gift the joy of reading to 250 girls from rural and urban regions of Ajmer, Rajasthan.
- Support Joshi Trust’s reading program in tribal and rural schools across Raigad District in Maharashtra.
- Umri Foundation aims to setup at least 5 reading centers in government schools in rural Karnataka.
- Shower some book love on St. Theresa’s Primary School in Erode.
- Help these children from 2 primary schools in Hyderabad become readers for life.
- Adarsha Seva believes that a child without education is like a bird without wings. Help these children soar high.
- Shape the future of these young minds supported by Varitra Foundation.
- Support the India Reserve Battalion, Munirabad in their endeavour to build a reading room for the children of policemen.
- These little superheroes from Chennai need a library of books to cultivate their reading habit.
- Swatantra Talim is organizing the SwaKhoj Awards across Uttar Pradesh to ignite children’s creativity and innovative thinking. Help them gift books to the children at the event.
- Enable the kids studying at this budget private schools in Delhi to become readers for life.
- Synodical Board of Social Services require books for their remedial centres/informal schools in villages in Amritsar district.
- Help Nayan open a library on wheels to cultivate the love of reading among children in Jaipur.
- Bharti Global Education Society’s rural reading program that will be accessible to 150 kids in Faridabad, Haryana.
- Deepalaya wants to equip 10 learning centers located in slums of Delhi and Uttar Pradesh with books.
- A donation of Rs.200 = 1 financial literacy book pack for a low-income school in India.
- Encourage the reading habit in this Government Higher Secondary School located in Trichy, Tamil Nadu.
- Help Gabriel Project Charitable Trust start libraries in 8 government schools working with tribal children in Palghar, Maharashtra.
- Help Zindagi Foundation set up village libraries across Gopalganj district in Bihar.
FULLY FUNDED CAMPAIGNS
- Equip this government school’s Reading Circles Project with English books to improve their reading skills.
- GSM Foundation wants to set up a community library that is accessible to kids who are dropouts or not enrolled in schools in Delhi.
- Donate books to this mobile library project that reaches 25 government schools and 2 lower budget private schools in Majuli, Assam.
- A class of students who want a library in their classroom in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Shefali, a Teach for India fellow wants to set up 6 classroom libraries to create a warm atmosphere of learning and inspiration
THANK YOU for joining us on this journey!
Donate to #TheBookMonsoon!
Let it rain books all across India.