I’m so excited to introduce you to my good friend and colleague, Noelle Kirchner. Noelle is a pastor, writer, wife, and busy mom to three littles, who somehow found time to pen a wonderful book called
This easy to read, six-week study takes readers on a journey, individually or in a group, to discover what God’s life-purpose might be for them. Noelle penned a thoughtful post below and is offering a giveaway of a signed copy of her book. I do hope you enter!
Five Scripture Promises for Living Your Purpose
With so many people out of work or living in flux due to COVID–19, the topic of purpose is timely. I got the idea for my book on purpose years ago, largely because I am working in a way that I never imagined, but that feels right. As a pastor, I believe my position is a calling, but I do not believe that calling is exclusive to it. God needs ministers, people who want to serve him, in every field, and I wanted to write something that enables everyone to experience the thrill of embracing their calling or purpose.
In my book, How to Live Your Life Purpose: The Six-Step Journey to God’s Best, I divide living your life purpose into six steps. Those steps include tuning into longing, being willing to risk, and persisting in that risk (which feels even harder). Each chapter ends with a study that’s intended for an individual or group. Some study questions are scripture-related, and some are media-related. The latter entails watching cultivated clips of my TV show, Chaos to Calm, which enables viewers to benefit from my guests’ wisdom—guests that include New York Times bestselling Christian author Sally Lloyd-Jones and an Emmy Award-winning journalist.
While the fruit of life purpose is fulfilling, the journey will involve facing barriers. Examples of barriers include other people’s opinions, finances, time, and training, for instance. While most are surmountable, some are not—that’s why I’m donating twenty percent of my book’s profits to World Vision to help those in need. But for those who have maneuverability, my simple question is, “What are you waiting for?” God is a Giver of new songs, which means there is opportunity in any situation, and God wants us to sing (Psalm 40:3)!
Here are five scripture verses to empower you or others under your care to live their purpose from the Lord:
- Psalm 139, verses 13 and 16, reads, “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb…Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Since the beginning of your life, in fact before you were born, God gifted you with purpose.
- Jeremiah 29:11 reminds us, “’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” God’s purpose for your life is good.
- Philippians 4:13 extols, “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” When God calls you to risk, stand strong and use faith as your safety net.
- Romans 8:28 testifies, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” No hardship, setback, or difficulty can derail God’s purpose for your life. In fact, God’s specialty is beauty for ashes.
- Galatians 6:9 encourages, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Persist in God’s plan for your life. Be willing to fight for it. God will reward your faithfulness.
Thank you, Noelle, for your encouraging words! And now, for the giveaway! If you would like to win a signed copy of Noelle’s book, follow the prompts below.. enter on all platforms for maximum chances! Please note that this giveaway closes on Sunday 13th September and the winner will be announced on Monday 14th. This giveaway is open to USA entrants only (no PO boxes.) Good luck!
- Leave a comment right here on my website, under this post, telling me some of your favorite encouraging words from scripture.
- Leave a comment on this post on my Facebook Author Page.
- Share this post on Facebook. (Let me know in the comments!)
- Enter on Instagram.
Connect with Noelle via:
The post How to Live Your Life Purpose, by Noelle Kirchner: Guest Post and Giveaway! first appeared on Glenys Nellist.